The history of Emprise Bank began in 1910 with the formation of Stockyards National Bank. By setting a higher standard of service for Wichita’s banking customers, the Bank was destined for success from its very first transaction. In 1965, the Michaelis family acquired Stockyards National Bank, which changed its name to United American Bank & Trust in the early 1970s. Over the next 25 years, the Michaelis family acquired banks and opened locations in communities across Kansas including Council Grove, Eureka, Hays, Hillsboro, Iola, Moran, Potwin, and Toronto. They also acquired the National Bank of Wichita and Wichita State Bank. In 1989, the three Wichita banks merged under the name of Emprise Bank.